Links

Audax Australia
This is the umbrella organisation running long distance cycling events in Australia Their website includes a calendar of events.

Bikejournal
A place where cyclist can keep track of their mileage and any number of other statistics, as well as an attached forum.

Bikeforums
A set of discussion forums covering almost every conceivable cycling related topic.

Cycling Adventurer
The Cycling Adventurer has tossed in the structured life of an urbanite to explore the world by bicycle. A well-written site detailing how he came to cycling, and what he learned along the way.

Crazy Guy on a Bike

Bicycle touring journals from all over the world, including a couple of my own.

Johns Cycles

This is my LBS on the Gold Coast. While they cater more to the racing market, their service, advice and workmanship is the best on the coast.

St Kilda Cycles

Importers of all manner of things hard to find in Australia, including the legendary Schmidt hub dynamo & E6 lights.

Blogs

Bicycle-eye
Wonderings and wanderings out and about in Portland, Oregon, US

The Journey
The journey begins in Perth, Western Australia.

Lance Notstrong
The "other" Lance!

Ms Mittens
The Wired Cat on-line

Iron Gambit
.

Aussie Writer and Cycletourist
A blog chronicling the writing and cycling of a seaside baby boomer.

Up in Alaska
Jill's subarctic journal about ice, bears and distant dreams of the midnight sun.

The Kin Chronicles
Taking mediocrity to a new level of ordinary.

Allez
Riding and running with a vengeance.

London Cycling Diary
Pedalling across the capital since August 2005.

CouchPilot-2-BikePilot (Zin's cycling blog)
Living an adventurous life with Type-2-Diabetes.

The adventures of Crazy Biker Chick
... Including cycling, adventuring, cooking, knitting and ranting.

Redneck Espanol
The two wheeled Spanish redneck.

Treadly and me
"Work is something I do between riding my bicycle".

Crowlie
Womanist philosophy and theology. Cycling, climbing, art, single-motherhood and fire-twirling.

Adrian Fitch's random rambling.
A bit about cycling, a bit about genealogy, a bit about radio but mostly a lot about nothing at all.

Geo's big adventure
The life and times of Geo.

It's about the bike
Musings on the cycling life.

Spinopsys
Various cycling tidbits.

Industry Outsider
A blog about bikes and stuff.

Tweed Coast Treadly
An old man's bicycle riding diary.

A cyclist's life in Tenerife
(Canary Islands).

Bike to work to live to bike
It's never too late to get back on the bike

Stupid Hurts
Just the random scribblings of a guy with a bicycle

I'm not drunk enough for this
Really, I'm not.

BikeHacks
What can I say? Just read it.

Mozam's cycling adventures
A random collection of the things I like to do most, and mostly that is to ride my bikes, bicycles that is... My musings from competitive riding, long distance endurance to puttering around the neighborhood..

More cycling blogs

Blog Directory - Blogged

Powered by Blogger

This site is certified 76% GOOD by the Gematriculator This site is certified 24% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Interesting...

Wanted to update this last night, but things just didn't pan out with time and all. Yesterday turned out to be quite interesting in the evening, it's coming to that time of year where the ocean spray tends to be just that little bit thicker near the beach, noting that the onset of summer isn't far away. It was in that little bit of distance in the mist, that I saw a familiar figure, but one I haven't seen for a while.

A woman who I met riding home from work one evening last year, and shared a couple of rides with along the way. Thought she'd disappeared from the face of the Earth, as I haven't seen her since schoolies' week last year (I wouldn't be surprised if she gave it all up after that, females on bikes tend not to be treated very favourably at that time of year). I'd actually been a little worried about her, I guess I get those protective male instincts with regard to females on bikes.

Still, it was good to renew acquaintences again (I'm surprised she even remembered me). Apparently she's changed her working hours a little, which might explain why we've not met since then. Seems she's been passing on some of my tips about how to ride in traffic safely (particularly among the morons around here). I'm glad someone appreciates my efforts. Sadly, not everyone does -- even those who should be the true believers.

Last night I went to the Bicycle Gold Coast meeting that was called about two days prior (nice bit of notice there). The usual guff really, I kind of think Linda has her own agenda with regard to where the club is going -- and that seems to be the way they do things. Linda has some good ideas, and puts a lot of time in, so I'm not criticising her particularly, but it would be nice if a few other ideas got a look in occasionally.

They all still seem a little too focussed on the bike path agenda -- even in situations where this is clearly not the solution. It's almost as if some people have read too many text books. Still, it wasn't all bad, the temperature on the late ride home was a near perfect 15 degrees C, and I did get a contact in Melbourne for when I head for Victoria later in the year.

Still waiting for some news on this camera. I called them this afternoon, but they still can't tell me anything yet. Looks like I'll have to dig out the old 35mm Nikon for the tour in three days (need to get some film for that one). Just as well I took my grandmother's advice and held on to it. However, they way Kodak were talking gives me the impression that they might just honour the warranty on the digital. Might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home