Links

Audax Australia
This is the umbrella organisation running long distance cycling events in Australia Their website includes a calendar of events.

Bikejournal
A place where cyclist can keep track of their mileage and any number of other statistics, as well as an attached forum.

Bikeforums
A set of discussion forums covering almost every conceivable cycling related topic.

Cycling Adventurer
The Cycling Adventurer has tossed in the structured life of an urbanite to explore the world by bicycle. A well-written site detailing how he came to cycling, and what he learned along the way.

Crazy Guy on a Bike

Bicycle touring journals from all over the world, including a couple of my own.

Johns Cycles

This is my LBS on the Gold Coast. While they cater more to the racing market, their service, advice and workmanship is the best on the coast.

St Kilda Cycles

Importers of all manner of things hard to find in Australia, including the legendary Schmidt hub dynamo & E6 lights.

Blogs

Bicycle-eye
Wonderings and wanderings out and about in Portland, Oregon, US

The Journey
The journey begins in Perth, Western Australia.

Lance Notstrong
The "other" Lance!

Ms Mittens
The Wired Cat on-line

Iron Gambit
.

Aussie Writer and Cycletourist
A blog chronicling the writing and cycling of a seaside baby boomer.

Up in Alaska
Jill's subarctic journal about ice, bears and distant dreams of the midnight sun.

The Kin Chronicles
Taking mediocrity to a new level of ordinary.

Allez
Riding and running with a vengeance.

London Cycling Diary
Pedalling across the capital since August 2005.

CouchPilot-2-BikePilot (Zin's cycling blog)
Living an adventurous life with Type-2-Diabetes.

The adventures of Crazy Biker Chick
... Including cycling, adventuring, cooking, knitting and ranting.

Redneck Espanol
The two wheeled Spanish redneck.

Treadly and me
"Work is something I do between riding my bicycle".

Crowlie
Womanist philosophy and theology. Cycling, climbing, art, single-motherhood and fire-twirling.

Adrian Fitch's random rambling.
A bit about cycling, a bit about genealogy, a bit about radio but mostly a lot about nothing at all.

Geo's big adventure
The life and times of Geo.

It's about the bike
Musings on the cycling life.

Spinopsys
Various cycling tidbits.

Industry Outsider
A blog about bikes and stuff.

Tweed Coast Treadly
An old man's bicycle riding diary.

A cyclist's life in Tenerife
(Canary Islands).

Bike to work to live to bike
It's never too late to get back on the bike

Stupid Hurts
Just the random scribblings of a guy with a bicycle

I'm not drunk enough for this
Really, I'm not.

BikeHacks
What can I say? Just read it.

Mozam's cycling adventures
A random collection of the things I like to do most, and mostly that is to ride my bikes, bicycles that is... My musings from competitive riding, long distance endurance to puttering around the neighborhood..

More cycling blogs

Blog Directory - Blogged

Powered by Blogger

This site is certified 76% GOOD by the Gematriculator This site is certified 24% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Friday, May 18, 2007

Twelve!

So I issued the challenge when I was still on 11, I'm waiting for someone to see if they can get as many flat tyres as I can in 2007. Surprisingly, someone over at bikejournal.com claims to have had 14. Well, as of this morning I'm up to 12. It was also only the second time I've ever had a flat tyre in the wet (assuming, of course, that the "rain" actually reached the ground before evaporating). It's disappointing, but I can handle it.

In other news, it's unlikely I'm going to get much riding in during the weekend either. I'll be assisting my mother to move house, so about the only chance looks like riding home from Brisbane on Sunday evening. I suppose moving all that furniture can be called "cross-training" -- although whether I need it the weekend before the 400k randonee is another matter entirely. On the other hand, I'm not sure I needed another 250km "training ride" either. I'll play that one by ear.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi came across your blog recently googling for others touring in SE Qld. I posted this in your archives:

Have you tried puncture resistant tyres? I ride through smashed glass several times a week & since fitting vittoria randonneurs I have never had a flat, just go over them every week or two pulling out chunks of glass & bits of wire to stop them working deeper in the tire. Saves a lot of repair time. Specialized armadillo & conti top touring are other options.


I should not have temped fate being so smug as a few days later I got my first flat, a big cardboard box type staple went right through the double shielding. I hadnt fixed a flat in over 10 months, it took me nearly half an hour as I had forgotten how to get tyres on & off fast.

I mostly cycle north of Brisbane,, yopur blog has given lots of ideas for when/if I head south, thanks.

8:16 pm  
Blogger Chris L said...

Hi Justin,

Would you believe, the maxxis tyres that I use are normally pretty reliable. I've been having a miserable run this year though. I think the problem stems from the number of bits of broken glass that work their way into the tyre over time, and riding over 400km/week means that if I don't pull them out for a couple of weeks, I'm in trouble.

Where do you normally ride? I'm looking at some options for some weekend tours up on the Sunshine Coast later in the year.

5:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did Brisbane to Noosa recently. On the way back I got stuck between heavy returning Sunday evening traffic & road narrowing major roadworks on the Caloundra road (which the tourist info booth didnt warn me about when asking about riding there) but west of the motorway the traffic is much more sparse on either the main Landsborough-Beerurrum roads or even less on the more scenic (hilly) Old Gympie road to avoid Australia Zoo traffic.
Or I presume further east Dayboro-Woodford-Maleny if you really wanted to add kms.
There are some Bikely route ideas linked at roadgrime.com

the number of islands in Moreton Bay -- apparently there are 365 of them. I'm not sure if there's a way to ride the full length of the bay (which finishes north of Brisbane)

I'm not sure if there's a way to ride the full length of the bay (which finishes north of Brisbane), but it's an interesting project for the future one day.


The obvious problem there is that the bridges are not often close to the shore, in to the motorway over the Logan river, up Brisbane river, then if you include Deception Bay right up to Caboolture to avoid the Caboolture river. The Bribie Island road is a nice flat ride with a decent safe road shoulder on most of it. There are many more hilly challenges north-east from Mt Nebo to Mt Mee.

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home