Links

Audax Australia
This is the umbrella organisation running long distance cycling events in Australia Their website includes a calendar of events.

Bikejournal
A place where cyclist can keep track of their mileage and any number of other statistics, as well as an attached forum.

Bikeforums
A set of discussion forums covering almost every conceivable cycling related topic.

Cycling Adventurer
The Cycling Adventurer has tossed in the structured life of an urbanite to explore the world by bicycle. A well-written site detailing how he came to cycling, and what he learned along the way.

Crazy Guy on a Bike

Bicycle touring journals from all over the world, including a couple of my own.

Johns Cycles

This is my LBS on the Gold Coast. While they cater more to the racing market, their service, advice and workmanship is the best on the coast.

St Kilda Cycles

Importers of all manner of things hard to find in Australia, including the legendary Schmidt hub dynamo & E6 lights.

Blogs

Bicycle-eye
Wonderings and wanderings out and about in Portland, Oregon, US

The Journey
The journey begins in Perth, Western Australia.

Lance Notstrong
The "other" Lance!

Ms Mittens
The Wired Cat on-line

Iron Gambit
.

Aussie Writer and Cycletourist
A blog chronicling the writing and cycling of a seaside baby boomer.

Up in Alaska
Jill's subarctic journal about ice, bears and distant dreams of the midnight sun.

The Kin Chronicles
Taking mediocrity to a new level of ordinary.

Allez
Riding and running with a vengeance.

London Cycling Diary
Pedalling across the capital since August 2005.

CouchPilot-2-BikePilot (Zin's cycling blog)
Living an adventurous life with Type-2-Diabetes.

The adventures of Crazy Biker Chick
... Including cycling, adventuring, cooking, knitting and ranting.

Redneck Espanol
The two wheeled Spanish redneck.

Treadly and me
"Work is something I do between riding my bicycle".

Crowlie
Womanist philosophy and theology. Cycling, climbing, art, single-motherhood and fire-twirling.

Adrian Fitch's random rambling.
A bit about cycling, a bit about genealogy, a bit about radio but mostly a lot about nothing at all.

Geo's big adventure
The life and times of Geo.

It's about the bike
Musings on the cycling life.

Spinopsys
Various cycling tidbits.

Industry Outsider
A blog about bikes and stuff.

Tweed Coast Treadly
An old man's bicycle riding diary.

A cyclist's life in Tenerife
(Canary Islands).

Bike to work to live to bike
It's never too late to get back on the bike

Stupid Hurts
Just the random scribblings of a guy with a bicycle

I'm not drunk enough for this
Really, I'm not.

BikeHacks
What can I say? Just read it.

Mozam's cycling adventures
A random collection of the things I like to do most, and mostly that is to ride my bikes, bicycles that is... My musings from competitive riding, long distance endurance to puttering around the neighborhood..

More cycling blogs

Blog Directory - Blogged

Powered by Blogger

This site is certified 76% GOOD by the Gematriculator This site is certified 24% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Monday, July 30, 2007

The prodigal returns

It seems like forever since I've done anything on this page, but I have now returned from Scotland. I did, of course, have a great time, even if I am a little jet-lagged after a long flight right now. Of course, the situation wasn't helped by about five screaming babies on the plane. One wonders why a 'responsible' parent would put their baby through that when it would probably be better for the baby to just use a baby-sitter. I guess it just goes to show that in this day and age, most parents are just more interested in flying their kid around the world to show their friends rather than the welfare or health of the child.

Apart from that I really enjoyed my time there, and would happily go back again shoudl the opportunity arise. I still need to complete the narrative and upload the journal pictures, but that will come in time. There will probably be a few posts appearing here about various experiences as and when I think they are relevant. I'm also in the process of formulating my riding plans for the remainder of the year. There will probably be at least one more long-weekend tour in late August and/or early September.

I intend to make a change to my touring set up. I'm going to get a handlebar bag (having previously sworn that I would never use one again), and move my primary headlight down to just above the front wheel to make a space for it. The reason for this is a little extra carrying capacity, and an easier place from which I can access maps or other things that I need quickly and often while on the road. Apart from that all the equipment I used performed well, and the addition to my tent coped with the almost constant rain that I experienced over there.

I also managed to sort out a few other minor issues that have been bothering me lately, and without going into details, it's fair to say that they won't be bothering me again in the forseeable future. It's amazing what a little trip like that can do for one's headspace, just to distinguish the things in life that are important, from those that are not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the parents are going on a cycling holiday, with their kids in a trailer?

Maybe the babies are still breastfeeding?

Maybe they are going to visit the grandparents for the very first time ever?

... you can probably think of other reasons for yourself.

JC

3:01 pm  
Blogger Chris L said...

Yep, and apparently they can't wait the 12 months until it's less traumatic for the child. I guess "show and tell" is just a greater priority for some.

7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home