Links

Audax Australia
This is the umbrella organisation running long distance cycling events in Australia Their website includes a calendar of events.

Bikejournal
A place where cyclist can keep track of their mileage and any number of other statistics, as well as an attached forum.

Bikeforums
A set of discussion forums covering almost every conceivable cycling related topic.

Cycling Adventurer
The Cycling Adventurer has tossed in the structured life of an urbanite to explore the world by bicycle. A well-written site detailing how he came to cycling, and what he learned along the way.

Crazy Guy on a Bike

Bicycle touring journals from all over the world, including a couple of my own.

Johns Cycles

This is my LBS on the Gold Coast. While they cater more to the racing market, their service, advice and workmanship is the best on the coast.

St Kilda Cycles

Importers of all manner of things hard to find in Australia, including the legendary Schmidt hub dynamo & E6 lights.

Blogs

Bicycle-eye
Wonderings and wanderings out and about in Portland, Oregon, US

The Journey
The journey begins in Perth, Western Australia.

Lance Notstrong
The "other" Lance!

Ms Mittens
The Wired Cat on-line

Iron Gambit
.

Aussie Writer and Cycletourist
A blog chronicling the writing and cycling of a seaside baby boomer.

Up in Alaska
Jill's subarctic journal about ice, bears and distant dreams of the midnight sun.

The Kin Chronicles
Taking mediocrity to a new level of ordinary.

Allez
Riding and running with a vengeance.

London Cycling Diary
Pedalling across the capital since August 2005.

CouchPilot-2-BikePilot (Zin's cycling blog)
Living an adventurous life with Type-2-Diabetes.

The adventures of Crazy Biker Chick
... Including cycling, adventuring, cooking, knitting and ranting.

Redneck Espanol
The two wheeled Spanish redneck.

Treadly and me
"Work is something I do between riding my bicycle".

Crowlie
Womanist philosophy and theology. Cycling, climbing, art, single-motherhood and fire-twirling.

Adrian Fitch's random rambling.
A bit about cycling, a bit about genealogy, a bit about radio but mostly a lot about nothing at all.

Geo's big adventure
The life and times of Geo.

It's about the bike
Musings on the cycling life.

Spinopsys
Various cycling tidbits.

Industry Outsider
A blog about bikes and stuff.

Tweed Coast Treadly
An old man's bicycle riding diary.

A cyclist's life in Tenerife
(Canary Islands).

Bike to work to live to bike
It's never too late to get back on the bike

Stupid Hurts
Just the random scribblings of a guy with a bicycle

I'm not drunk enough for this
Really, I'm not.

BikeHacks
What can I say? Just read it.

Mozam's cycling adventures
A random collection of the things I like to do most, and mostly that is to ride my bikes, bicycles that is... My musings from competitive riding, long distance endurance to puttering around the neighborhood..

More cycling blogs

Blog Directory - Blogged

Powered by Blogger

This site is certified 76% GOOD by the Gematriculator This site is certified 24% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I guess that's just addiction

I have a confession to make. I have done almost no riding since last weekend. Granted, I've still been riding to and from work each day, but that is more akin to a business transaction than something I really do for enjoyment. The reason for this, incidentally, has been a problem with my headlight -- or more specifically, the generator. While my back up lights are good for a commute, I wasn't planning to take them out on the dark country roads (although I could probably get away with that if it was really necessary). To add to the frustration, it's rained on and off virtually all week -- almost unheard of in the middle of the dry season. The good news is that all should be back in order by this weekend.

In the past I've had time off the bike while recovering from crashes and the like, but this is different. This time I've really had a feeling that I should be out there. I think it's fair to say that I've been a little snappy at times this week, and had a slightly shorter fuse than normal. What is it about a physical release, even if only for a couple of hours, that allows us to cope with life's little annoyances more easily? Right now I'm feeling as though I need some substantial hills very quickly.

In the interim, I've been watching the World cup with great interest -- despite the fact that the results thus far haven't really thrown up too many surprises. Well, a few people wrote of Germany before it all started, but that always seemed foolish to me. How often have they been down in the past, only to produce as soon as the tournament started? And they're playing at home. It's almost as silly as the people who are writing off Brazil after their opening two matches (which they won, but not as convincingly as some thought). Right now I'm expecting those two sides, plus Italy and Argentina to be right in the thick of things when the crunch games come. You can possibly add Portugal to that list, as this is the last chance for a lot of their players, and I just have a feeling about them.

As far as some of the other teams are concerned, Spain are looking good now, but have a habit of faltering in the latter stages of the tournament. England rely too much on a limited number of individuals, and while this will get them past Ecuador and into the quarter finals, I think they'll falter against the top sides. I think something similar applies to France. Australia? It would be nice to think we could win the world cup, but realistically I just can't see it. That said, we should get past Croatia tomorrow, but we'll most likely come up against Italy in the next round, which is bad news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home